Repair of the Drive Axle Housing for Diesel ForkliftRepair of the Drive Axle Housing for Diesel Forklift
Cracks in the middle of the diesel forklift's drive axle housing and cracks on the flange can be repaired by welding. The key points are as follows:
(2) Drill holes with a diameter of 5mm at 6-10mm from both ends of the crack.
(3) When repairing cracks with electric welding, the welding layer should be higher than the base metal, but not more than 1mm. After the front side is welded, repair welding on the back side. The weld seam should be smoothed after welding. If the welding repair is on the working plane, the flatness error should not be greater than 0.25mm.
(4) After the crack is repaired, a reinforcing web plate should be welded at the crack. Its thickness is generally 4-6mm. The reinforcing web plate should be symmetrical with the center of the drive axle housing.
(5) If the crack penetrates to the drive axle housing cover or the main reducer flange plane, a reinforcing web ring should be welded after the repair. The reinforced abdominal ring on the drive axle housing cover plane can be reconnected to the outside, while the main reducer housing should be reconnected to the inside depending on the internal space. When welding the reinforced abdominal ring, bolts should be used to press the reinforced abdominal ring tightly on the plane to avoid positional movement and deflection during welding.
(6) The drive axle housing that has been strengthened by welding repairs must be re-inspected for its straightness error, the flatness error of the housing cover surface and the main reducer flange plane, and must be corrected and ground to meet the standards.